Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Story of Sydney the Vintage Teddy Bear

I overlooked a letter that was sent together with Sydney the vintage Teddy. This is the story of Sydney told by Kerri-Ann the previous owner;

Hi Theresa,
I purchased the little fellow several years ago from an old German lady who was selling up her estate to go into a home. She told me that teddy originally belonged to her brother when he was a baby, and if he was still alive he would be 87 years old back then.

I estimate teddy's age is around 92 years old.
Teddy was in an old box filled with cherished things belonged to her brother; photos, letters etc. The key around his neck is one of two that opened the old box (I gave it a coat of paint because it was very rusty).

I hope you love him as much as I do. Being a collector yourself I know you will cherish him.

Take care both of you,

Kerri-Ann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home